- Yorkshire Junior Holidays are enjoyable, relaxing and above all fun events for children aged between 7-12.
- The holidays have been running for many years and have always been enjoyed by the children and adults alike.
- The holidays are often so much fun that many of the children return year after year, as do some of the adults!
- They are rarely in the same place twice. In the past we have stayed in Robin Hood’s Bay, Buckden in the Yorkshire Dales, Hebden Bridge and Snowball Lodge near York among many other places.
- As we move around each year we are able to offer a wide range of activities. In the past these have included: beach-combing, caving, climbing, swimming, exploring the area and visiting local attractions (such as the chocolate museum in York), craft activities and, of course, relaxing with friends.
- The holidays all have a Quaker ethos and are a place of safety and friendship for all. Many friendships started at Junior Holidays have lasted well into adulthood for some of our previous attenders.
2020 Junior Holidays:
After a very successful year of Junior Holidays in 2019 we are planning two more for 2020. Our holidays are short adventure breaks for young people aged between 7 and 13, from the Quakers in Yorkshire area. They are a chance for young people to meet together, get to know each other and spend time away from their family in a Quaker group.
Dates for 2020:
- 5 – 7 June 2020 at Nell Bank, Ilkley CANCELLED
- 23 – 25 October 2020 at Barmoor, Hutton-le-Hole
To register an interest and receive booking forms and further information please email: email@example.com
Also if you are an adult interested in volunteering at one of the holidays, please get in touch. We are especially keen to recruit people with experience of running games and activities with large groups of children.
Volunteers needed for Junior Holidays Committee
The Quakers in Yorkshire Junior Holiday committee is seeking adult volunteers to help make this year’s holidays happen! We need volunteer helpers with lots of enthusiasm to help create welcoming, exciting and enjoyable holidays. We’re particularly keen to find Friends who’d be prepared to do the catering (with help from the young people and the team). We’re also interested in hearing from Friends who can’t help this year but would like to be added to our list of possible future volunteers.
As a Junior Holiday volunteer all your expenses will be paid. You’ll need a DBS check (which we can help you to obtain), and references from people who can comment on your suitability to work with children. If you’d like to know more, please contact James Hargreave on firstname.lastname@example.org