- Yorkshire Junior Holidays are enjoyable, relaxing and above all fun events for children aged between 7-12.
- The holidays have been running for many years and have always been enjoyed by the children and adults alike.
- The holidays are often so much fun that many of the children return year after year, as do some of the adults!
- They are rarely in the same place twice. In the past we have stayed in Robin Hood’s Bay, Buckden in the Yorkshire Dales, Hebden Bridge and Snowball Lodge near York among many other places.
- As we move around each year we are able to offer a wide range of activities. In the past these have included: beach-combing, caving, climbing, swimming, exploring the area and visiting local attractions (such as the chocolate museum in York), craft activities and, of course, relaxing with friends.
- The holidays all have a Quaker ethos and are a place of safety and friendship for all. Many friendships started at Junior Holidays have lasted well into adulthood for some of our previous attenders.
2017 Junior Holidays:
- 23 – 25 June 2017 – weekend at Barmoor.
- 27 – 29 October 2017 weekend at Fanwood Activity Centre in the Spen Valley. Here is information and the booking form
The Quakers in Yorkshire Junior Holiday committee is seeking adult volunteers to help make this year’s holidays happen! We need volunteer helpers with lots of enthusiasm to help create welcoming, exciting and enjoyable holidays. We’re particularly keen to find Friends who’d be prepared to do the catering (with help from the young people and the team). We’re also interested in hearing from Friends who can’t help this year but would like to be added to our list of possible future volunteers.
As a Junior Holiday volunteer all your expenses will be paid. You’ll need a DBS check (which we can help you to obtain), and references from people who can comment on your suitability to work with children. If you’d like to know more, please contact James Hargreave on email@example.com